Hi, my name is Peter and I created this site to finally do something online (after years of procrastinating) that genuinely interests me – keeping fit, staying healthy, travelling, blogging and being a bloke!
I’m no expert, (in anything!) I just enjoy learning about things that will make my life better, easier and more enjoyable.
The articles and information I publish on this site are very much a reflection of what I’m up to at the time, interesting information and what I want to achieve in life.
Since I can remember, I’ve always had a desire to better myself – whether that be physically, financially or emotionally.
The problem I had/have is that my life is pretty good:
- I’m not rich, but have no real financial worries.
- I am averagely fit, but not as fit as I would like to be.
- I’m pretty sure I’m not stupid, but I would like to learn much more.
- I enjoy travelling, but would like to visit more countries.
This list could go on..!
If I feel this way, I expect there’s a whole lot of other people out there in a similar boat.
Hopefully this blog will encourage you to discover little ways to improve various aspects of your life too.
As a child I was never academic and struggled to gain a few qualifications.
I spent most of my time playing sports and chasing girls!
After school I spent a year or so in retail before joining the British Royal Air Force as an administrator.
I served for 17 years before leaving with early retirement.
During my military years I regularly worked-out and played numerous sports, including football, skiing, athletics, adventure training, and basically keeping myself fit.
This active lifestyle enabled me to visit many countries and experience many fascinating cultures around the world.. and there grew my love for travel.
I left the military in 2006 and now have various jobs –
1. I build and write content for websites (including this one).
2. I’m an ‘on-call’ Fire Fighter and First Responder in my local town of Sleaford in the UK.
3. I run a fire safety training company (PRT-Training.co.uk)
Despite these diverse job roles, I always seem to have a nagging voice in my head that I should do more, learn more and improve myself.
Up until focusing on this blog in January 2018, I used to procrastinate (a lot) and failed to achieve virtually every goal that I had swimming round in my head.
Small, Quick, Achievable Goals
My biggest problem was I only focused on the end result – i.e. running a successful business, having a great physique, eating delicious healthy meals, having a popular blog read by thousands of people, learning a new language etc.
Getting to the end result never quite happened.
Probably because the thought of the work involved was too daunting.
The answer (I believe) because I’m not where I want to be (yet), lies in breaking down the end-goal by carrying out lots of small, easy, quick tasks.
The internet is full of ‘hacks’ that can help us get to where we want to be, in a much quicker time.
Completing lots of small goals is how I intend to achieve a better, healthier life.
Join The Revolution!
I’d love you to join me on the this journey and share your own experiences and successes.
I love reading and replying to comments and learning from your feedback and knowledge.
If you have any questions or comments or would like to contribute in any way, please contact me.
I aim to update the site regularly, so if you enjoy the information and find it beneficial, please like us on Facebook, so you never miss any new posts.
Here are a few random facts about me..
- I love reading personal development books.
- I bite my nails.
- I’m shit at DIY – proper rubbish!
- I believe in the health benefits of eating raw, natural foods and believe almost any illness or disease can be treated/cured with eating the right type of foods.
- It takes me ages to write an article for this site! Often days of research and editing.
- I often become very anxious and almost panicky about not reaching my full potential.
- I am easily distracted.
- I love anything motivational or inspiring.
- I don’t like to be around negative people.
- I don’t like flying (despite serving in the Royal Air Force for 17 years!).
- I am very competitive – I blame that on my older brother!
- I love animals, especially dogs.
- I don’t have any pets.
- I love travelling and meeting new people.
- I prefer working in the morning or late at night.
- I’m quite emotional.
- I like making lists!
- I like butter spread so thick, you can see teeth marks in it.
- I love the feeling you get after a workout or a run.
- I enjoy golf, but only play in nice weather!
- I try to take every opportunity that comes my way.
- I go out of my way not to watch the news.
- I try to work-out 3 times a week.
- I really love freshly ground – black – coffee. I mean I reeeeeally freekin love it!
- I like to minimalise as much as I can – this list is too long!
Thanks for visisting and reading my blog. It means a lot to me.
Feel free to drop me a line or comment on any of my posts.